Sol Donum™ is a battery energy storage and power disruptor with the Vulcan system that became available in June of 2021. Vulcan is unique in that it fits into the categories of both permanently installed and smaller portable systems due to the engineering and design of its power flow electronics and battery charging circuits.
Vulcan is not a wall-mount permanent system, but rather a modular and portable system that can be installed on shelving or a floor. The base system itself contains a 1.4 kWh battery, a 2000 or 3000-watt pure sine wave 120V or 2000-watt 240V AC inverter, solar charge controller, and AC to DC charger for grid charging. Vulcan is durable to operate in a wide range of climate environments and can expand to over 100 kWh of battery capacity. The high-density Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries live up to 5000 cycles (or 10 years) at 80 percent depth of discharge, without decreasing in performance.
Vulcan was designed and built with reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) as guiding principles:
- Multiple AC-to-DC and MPPT chargers within each system ensure redundancy so that system charging capabilities are always present
- MPPT chargers in each unit allow for solar optimizing with panel groups so that charging continues if some panels are shaded or damaged
- Automatic power-sharing ensures that damage to any battery unit does not affect the overall system’s ability to continue operations while the battery unit is being replaced or repaired
- A second Inverter-Charger unit can be added to ensure continued AC power generation if one unit fails or to double the output if more AC power is required
- Simultaneous charging from AC and Solar inputs to reduce charging times by a factor of 2X
- Automatic circuit protections ensure overload, short circuit, and low battery conditions are easily and automatically recovered
- All AC plugs feature waterproof covers for further protection against moisture and dust penetrations
- All AC inputs and outputs feature electromagnetic interference filters (EMI) to protect critical appliances, electronic circuits, and systems
- Each unit features our advanced battery management system (BMS) that protects against overcharge, over-discharge, high and low-temperature charging, and short circuits.
- A subsystem-based architecture allows for component replacement and upgrading without sacrificing the entire unit
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Image Credit: iStock