Our Vulcan energy system provides a continuous supply of clean power to protect critical infrastructure such as hospitals without the use of gas generators that produce dangerous emissions and require regular maintenance. Sensitive equipment, such as hospital-grade electronic devices, requires continuous clean power in order to function with no disruption to diagnosis and treatment services. Rapidly deployable power systems are needed to support communications, security, water filtration, and refrigeration systems, as well as medical equipment. For field hospitals, new scalable solutions are needed to store, transport, and manage power in a way that is affordable and reliable.
HIPAA rules on contingency planning state that healthcare organizations return to normal operations as quickly as possible and ensure that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of ePHI are safeguarded. CFR-2007, Section 164.308(a)(7)(ii) Implementation Specifications, requires the implementation of an Emergency Mode Operation Plan-308(a)(7)(ii)(C) “Establish (and implement as needed) procedures to enable continuation of critical business processes for protection of the security of electronic protected health information while operating in emergency mode” to include emergency backup power systems. Outage resilient hospitals and healthcare facilities can function independently of the utility grid during times of disaster to achieve the ultimate goal of reliable and continuous electrical power to maintain continuity of operations and patient care.
Shortcomings in the Current State of Technologies:
- Gas and diesel generators — requires significant fuel reserves for long term outages, ongoing maintenance and can have long crank up times, failure from environmental disasters
- Traditional UPS — operating reserves are for transition purposes and not continuous operation. Power output is limited to only a few minutes to keep data reliant systems operating
- Portable battery generators — typically made overseas; limited in capability and efficiency and cannot operate in austere environments
How Sol Donum is Superior:
- Best-in-class technologies ensure higher battery efficiency, improved charging speeds, and reduced energy consumption
- Field portable and modular design allows for incrementally adding storage capacity up to 100 KWH at varying cost levels to meet budget and desired runtimes. If you only want a few minutes, then use a UPS. If you want lengthy (or even indefinite runtimes), then use Sol Donum energy storage and power solutions for hospitals and healthcare
- Modular, Integrated Energy Storage and Power architecture can support multiple mobile and forward operating applications at 120V/240V AC with built-in solar and AC chargers
- Ten (10) year recyclable lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries have a 5000+ discharge and charging lifecycle with a SOC of 80% after 10 years — less maintenance and disposal costs
- Environmentally friendly system produces no fumes, toxic emissions, or loud noise
- Expansion batteries are hot-swappable and can be added or removed without powering down equipment
- Units are fully recyclable and have upgradable system topologies with no throwaway components.
- Field maintainability means components can be repaired or replaced in the field if needed
- Can be used in line with diesel or gas generators as a hybrid solution to increase fuel reserves through shortened generator runtimes, which saves energy and reduces carbon emissions
- Wide environmental operating range for indoor or outdoor operation – rack or standalone and available with options for operating in austere environments
For a custom quote, free consultation, or more information, please contact email@example.com.