Reliable Grid Power Is Not Guaranteed – Our nation’s electricity grid is prone to aging equipment, capacity bottlenecks, and increased demand, as well as storm and climate impacts. Americans will likely experience longer and more frequent power interruptions from events such as wildfires and storms like the ones that caused the California and Texas blackouts. Gain 24/7 energy security and independence with the Vulcan high power and high energy storage system to keep the lights on at all times.
Ingenuity for Better Energy Storage Solutions
Sol DonumTM (Latin for ‘Sun Gift’) came about when one of our co-founders purchased a solar generator to provide power for his home during outages. It did not meet his expectations and the alternative was to purchase an expensive permanent solution wired into his home and tied to the grid. Consequently, he was inspired to research, design, and build a portable, modular, and turnkey system, the Vulcan, to fill the gap between permanent batteries, DIY solutions, and gasoline generators.
From our headquarters in Virginia, we are creating clean energy jobs and we are manufacturing the Vulcan Energy System to fill in the gaps with:
Benefits of Manufacturing in America
There are numerous benefits to choosing a manufacturer based in the United States over those found abroad, including:
- Cost-Effective: Logistics costs drop with U.S. manufacturing because there are more options and the goods do not have to travel as far. Also, the wages earned by employees are spent in their respective communities, boosting their local economies.
- Quality Control: U.S. manufacturing facilities are held to U.S. safety standards and regulations to ensure a safer workplace for employees. Having the factory nearby also allows one to better oversee daily operations and quality control measures.
- U.S. Job Creation: U.S. manufacturing plants create jobs for the American worker—not only in manufacturing, but in industries that support and complement it. This helps to foster economic growth across industries and communities.
- Shorter Lead Times: Shipping overseas takes time, and that must be factored into the final ETA for delivery. By manufacturing in the United States, we shorten delivery times to our domestic customers.
- Environmental Sustainability: Long-haul shipping isn’t environmentally friendly. Reducing shipping distances decreases carbon emissions. Additionally, there is more control over facility operations as guided by U.S. environmental protection standards, and more sustainable choices in day-to-day operations can be made. Today’s customers are looking for responsible companies with a commitment to sustainable manufacturing.
- U.S. Taxes: Keeping manufacturing in the U.S. means that we pay taxes into the U.S. treasury, which benefits the national economy as a whole.